Wednesday, January 5, 2011

End of Year 2 - 2010


I had an eventful 2010 with a chance to grow and develop as an actor and a voice artist with many projects and training opportunities throughout the year.  The fall was no exception.

In December I wrapped on the feature “Here We Are Again” playing the role of Affan, a gay teen trying to re-connect with his long lost father.  

In November I was cast as one of the characters in a Webseries out of Fort. Myers called “Hide”.  I also got to try out a new character, a guido,  for a bad date example in a short called “The Perfect Date”.

I just completed shooting the pilot episode of a webisode called “La Fleur De Mai”.  I am playing a teenager Junior, part of the all powerful Geary clan, dealing with an alcoholic mother and a rolling stone for a father.  I have a recurring role and will be in many of the 13 episodes planned for season 1.

I have also just wrapped “Shadow Speak” where I have been cast as the lead Mikey, a teenage boy who not only can see ghosts but whose main romantic interest is a ghost.  I am also a co-writer.

I did two live performances - improv sketch comedy with a group at The Social, downtown Orlando in October and then at the Why Not Lounge in Altamonte Springs in December. Took a lot of weekly improv workshops throughout the fall.

I got the chance to do a little more voiceover work as well.  I play a news reporter in Deep Seeded for Caisson Films and I am the voice of Wells in “As Night Falls” by Tempest Entertainment.  I also did a print job for the F.I.R.S.T school’s marketing campaign.

There were a lot of training workshop opportunities this fall and it was not possible to fit them all in.  However, I was able to make the time to do the following:
  1.  A workshop with Nickelodeon casting director Leslie Zaslow.  
  2. A one-on-one acting coach session with Helen McCready Wheels.
  3. 4 week set of Scene study/Character development classes at Star Catcher Studios with Kia Riddick-Taylor.
  4. A modeling bootcamp with a local agency.
  5. A fighting for film workshop.  This covered a variety of martial arts styles and doing choreographed stunt fighting for films.
  6. Two workshops with Rus Blackwell and found them extremely useful.
  7. Weekly Improv Workshops  

No comments:

Post a Comment