I had an eventful 2010 with a chance to grow and develop as an actor and a voice artist with many projects and training opportunities throughout the year. The fall was no exception.
In December I wrapped on the feature “Here We Are Again” playing the role of Affan, a gay teen trying to re-connect with his long lost father.
In November I was cast as one of the characters in a Webseries out of Fort. Myers called “Hide”. I also got to try out a new character, a guido, for a bad date example in a short called “The Perfect Date”.
I just completed shooting the pilot episode of a webisode called “La Fleur De Mai”. I am playing a teenager Junior, part of the all powerful Geary clan, dealing with an alcoholic mother and a rolling stone for a father. I have a recurring role and will be in many of the 13 episodes planned for season 1.
I have also just wrapped “Shadow Speak” where I have been cast as the lead Mikey, a teenage boy who not only can see ghosts but whose main romantic interest is a ghost. I am also a co-writer.
I did two live performances - improv sketch comedy with a group at The Social, downtown Orlando in October and then at the Why Not Lounge in Altamonte Springs in December. Took a lot of weekly improv workshops throughout the fall.
I got the chance to do a little more voiceover work as well. I play a news reporter in Deep Seeded for Caisson Films and I am the voice of Wells in “As Night Falls” by Tempest Entertainment. I also did a print job for the F.I.R.S.T school’s marketing campaign.
There were a lot of training workshop opportunities this fall and it was not possible to fit them all in. However, I was able to make the time to do the following:
- A workshop with Nickelodeon casting director Leslie Zaslow.
- A one-on-one acting coach session with Helen McCready Wheels.
- 4 week set of Scene study/Character development classes at Star Catcher Studios with Kia Riddick-Taylor.
- A modeling bootcamp with a local agency.
- A fighting for film workshop. This covered a variety of martial arts styles and doing choreographed stunt fighting for films.
- Two workshops with Rus Blackwell and found them extremely useful.
- Weekly Improv Workshops